Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Introduction to Grant and Lee: A Study in Contrasts

The next piece that I want to present to you is a homework assignment, which is the summary of an essay called “Grant and Lee: A Study in Contrasts” written by Bruce Catton. This is the second summary that I wrote during this quarter. Initially I chose it because it is the best one and interesting to read. Seriously, I’ve been taking a long time for about fifteen minutes to understand what the essay was actually means. I think I did well on following the steps of how to write a shorter version. For example, I started with an including title, the author’s name, and then use my own words for the main ideas/thesis out of the text. As I put, ““Grant and Lee: A Study in Contrasts” by Bruce Catton is about the former great generals, Ulysses S. Grant and Robert E. Lee.”

No comments: