Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dear Reader,

Life is easy in some ways but hard in others. As I flashed back at my life, I see how different I am from the past until now. I was a little Vietnamese girl who knew nothing about future and a girl forever, afraid to grow up. However, I have been able to decide my own likes but I didn’t think much about dislikes. Exploring new kinds of fashion and spending time to design are what makes me happy. It’s been almost three years when I moved to America in June 2004. It was actually heartbreaking for me to leave behind my friends, relatives, and school.

After attended a new high school for two years and graduated in 2006 from Mariner High School, I continue with education at Everett Community College in order to achieve my goals and a suitable career. I thought it would be a great challenge to face with, especially English. This is the third quarter and I’m taking English 98. I knew for sure that it would be hard for me because of my difficulties in speaking and writing.

English in the past was my worst subject. Before I took English 98, I didn’t even know how to do paraphrase, combining sentence, and was also bad at grammar, but I never gave up. The hardest thing for me to accomplish is writing essays because it required a long process of time and a deep understanding of how to write a good essay – in fluently English. I spent so much time trying my best to write it up to three pages without any unclear idea. Now, as time goes by, I realized that my skills to write became better and my knowledge had improved, such as grammar and how to write the paragraphs that make sense . Having a lot of obstacles with English, I have a higher opportunity to gain more experiences and figure out the right direction that will lead me to a successful future. Moreover, I also have a chance to create a blog of my interests in fashion, my hobbies, and to express my secret feelings through it.

In my E-portfolio, I’m going to show four pieces of what I did best in English 98. I chose them because it represented my ability to write as well as my thoughts. Throughout my contribution to the class, these pieces show many descriptive details of my four main assignments. Hopefully, you guys will take a little time off, look at it, and enjoy it. Thank you for reading.

2 comments:

shellee said...

MY PHAM I really enjoyed listening to you read you dear reader letter today. I didn't get the chance to visit much with you this quarter. I see you have made huge progress in your portfolio and growth in english. I admire you for breaking through the language barrier. Good luck
Shellee

HmOnG_XiOnG360 said...

Hi My,
I'm really amazed with how much improvement of you english and writing skill... especially, when you only been in the U.S for only two to three year. I wish you a good summer and see you around next quarter.

Boonmee